Dr. Ahmed is an American Board-Certified in both Internal Medicine & Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism with over 40 years’ experience in the field of Diabetes and Endocrinology.
Dr. Ahmed completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at Brown University, Rhode Island, USA. He joined the Endocrinology staff of Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota after 3 years of extensive clinical and research fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and metabolism at the institution.
Dr. Hassoun’s previous appointments include Chief of Endocrinology, Chairman of Research & Medical Education at the Dubai Diabetes Center, DHA, Emirates Diabetes Society Board Member, Clinical Assistant Professor at Wayne State University Michigan, and the Faculty of Medicine at the UAE University. He has been actively participating in updating the UAE Diabetes Guidelines, educating doctors and healthcare providers, as well as conducting research in the field of diabetes and endocrinology.
Dr. Ahmed is a founding member and active coordinator of the monthly UAE Endocrinology meetings, which was established in the year 2000, to encourage up-to-date education amongst endocrinologists.
Dr. Hassoun, as clinical professor, has been involved in teaching medical students, and residents in the field of diabetes and its complications (retinopathy, nephropathy, neuropathy, and cardiovascular).
- All types of Diabetes (1, 2, Gestational, and others) (including during pregnancy)
- Thyroid diseases and tumors (including during pregnancy)
- Bone and Mineral Disorders (Including Osteoporosis, Parathyroid gland, and Calcium)
- Hypertensive disorder (secondary and resistant)
- Adrenal gland diseases and tumors
- Pituitary gland diseases and tumors
- Male hormone disorders (Including Erectile dysfunction, Gynecomastia, and hypogonadism)
- Female hormone disorders (Including Polycystic ovarian syndrome, and hypogonadism)