Dr. Enrica is an Italian Board-Certified Senior Consultant Nephrologist with long experience, over 29 years, in internal medicine, included emergency experience, sub-specialization nephrology. She studied and trained in her home country of Italy at the famed University of Pisa, one of the principal schools of Nephrology in Europe. She graduated and specialized cum laude.
Dr. Enrico completed her Italian post-school training in the UK, where she is registered with the General Medical Council and was admitted to the GMC Specialist.
Dr. Enrica practiced in various reputable organizations in Abu Dhabi and in Italy, where she worked all the time for the National Health System in a big hospital (200-500beds).
- Primary and Secondary high blood pressure diagnosis and treatment
- Urine abnormalities, which include excess excretion of protein, sugar, blood, casts, crystals, etc
- Kidney and urinary tract infections
- Diabetes Nephropathy
- Kidney and bladder stones
- Glomerular disorders that affect the tiny filtering systems of the kidneys called the glomerulus Renal vascular diseases affecting the blood vessel networks within the kidneys
- Preparing patients in end stage renal disease for kidney transplant and following them after the transplantation surgery
- Renal injury (failure) that can be sudden or acute or chronic( long term)
- Effects of diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure on kidneys
- Acid-base imbalances and electrolytes( metabolic) disorders, Gout
- Nephrotic syndrome and nephritis
- Secondary effects of drugs and toxins on the kidneys
- Autoimmune diseases including autoimmune vasculitis, lupus, celiac disease etc
- ADPKD: Polycystic kidneys diseases where large cysts or fluid filled sacs are formed within the kidney impairing its functions – this is a congenital inherited condition
- Renal consequences from obesity
- Prevention of malnutrition and muscular hypotrophy in dialyzed patients
- Anemia/ Vitamin Deficiency
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism